[Samba] Cross Subnet Browsing.

Steven Maroney steve at euterpe.math.uno.edu
Tue Feb 19 21:07:03 GMT 2002

First step that your should take (which baffled me for a while) is to make
sure each samba samba server WILL BECOME the local master during
elections. Also make sure that the samba server will share its browse list
to all other NetBIOS clients on its subnet.

Next make one of the samba servers on what ever subnet to become DOMAIN
master browser.

Make sure all netbios machines that are the samba workgroup/domain use the
same WINS server.

Believe it or not, WINS is the secret to cross subnet browseing.

You shouldn;t need any of the options in samba that "force" syncing of the
browse list.

Steve