[Samba] samba and vpn

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at nl.linux.org
Tue Feb 19 11:12:09 GMT 2002

> In my humble opinion the samba Team should be thinking on integrating a
> web file manager (https) that reflects all samba configuration
> (smb.conf). In this way file shares could  be seen from a microsoft
> network and from the Internet.. Microsoft sooner or later (or already
> has..) will implement this kind of features with their files shares...?
What you are talking about is a web-based file manager. There are lots
of web-based file managers already, search freshmeat for some of 'em.
Maybe writing a
convert-smb.conf-to-configuration-of-your-favorite-web-based-file-manager
would be an option.

Or are you talking about tunneling SMB over https? In that case, you
might want to use GNU httptunnel (though I don't know if httptunnel
support SSL yet).

Jelmer

--
Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at nl.linux.org> - http://nl.linux.org/~jelmer/