[Samba] Samba 2.2.3 Windows Printer Drivers definitions

erik tgr at home.se
Tue Feb 19 04:27:02 GMT 2002

>> According to the same howto I can use the "Add printer
>> wizard" to upload drivers. I have syccessfully uploaded
>> drivers with the "Add printer
>> wizard" I have also done it with rundll32 Printui.dll in
>> windows.
>>
>> I have tried to to use "Add printer wizard" and
>> rpcclient to set the
>> model. The commands seam to work fine but the settings
>> dont seam to be
>> saved anywhere.
>
>Need more details on this.  Which settings don't seem to
> be saved?
> What driver?

[root at tpol bin]# ./rpcclient skorpan -U user%pass -
c "setdriver AGLejon \"HP 2500C Series Printer\""

session setup ok
Domain=[GOTHENBURG] OS=[Windows 5.0] Server=[Windows 2000
LAN Manager]
cmd = setdriver AGLejon "HP 2500C Series Printer"
setdriver AGLejon "HP 2500C Series Printer"
result was NT code 0xc0000709

I have tested several drivers and they all give me the same
result.
The command looks like it works but the printer still
reports not to have a driver installed when I want to
install it on a windows printer.

I get the same result when I use addprinterwizard to add a
printer with its drivers.

Hope this will give you a clue.

//erik