[Samba] Samba Access Control

Josh Konkol susesambaboy at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 19 06:22:03 GMT 2002

You shouldn't need the invalid users list.  Only people in the Valid Users
list can access the share, they contradict each other.

EXCERPT FROM man smb.conf:

       valid users (S)
              This  is  a list of users that should be allowed to
              login to this service. Names starting with '@', '+'
              and  '&'  are  interpreted  using the same rules as
              described in the invalid users parameter.

              If this is empty (the default) then  any  user  can
              login.   If a username is in both this list and the
              invalid users list then access is denied  for  that
              user.

Hope this helps!!

Josh