[Samba] samba 3.0 -

David Edward Shapiro David.Edward.Shapiro at btitele.com
Mon Feb 18 05:40:03 GMT 2002

How do I interpret what this mean?

@"prfmstrt2+Domain Users"

What is prfmstrt2?  Is that a group created in /etc/group or the domain
name?  I take it the +
is a winbind seperator.

I modified the separator to be + instead of /, which it appears as by
default because everybody seems to be using + for some reason (I thought
that was for nis).  My domain is INS.  I tried to use @"INS+Domain Users" in
my share (e.g.,

read list = @"INS+Domain Users"

but it fails.  wbinfo -u/-g displays domain users and domain groups.  getent
passwd returns what is in my /etc/passwd file only.  I think it is supposed
to show domain users too.  The only way I can get this working is to make a
domain user in /etc/passwd, a user group in /etc/group and assign the domain
user from /etc/passwd to the /etc/group.  I then have to use:

read list = @users

Do I still need to do something extra to get winbindd to work?  I am using
alpha15.  Will that fix the problem with not being able to use @"INS+Domain
Users"?