[Samba] HELP

Anders Widman andewid at tnonline.net
Sat Feb 16 17:12:04 GMT 2002

Well, you should check where your old sambadir is before
installing/upgrading a never version. Many distributions does not
follow the default install paths to samba.

The default installdir (if you do not configure otherwise) is:

/usr/local/samba
/usr/local/samba/bin
/usr/local/samba/lib/
/usr/local/samba/var
/usr/local/samba/private

You could make symlinks to smbd and nmbd instead of trying to figure
out how your current setup is.

//Anders