[Fwd: Re: [Samba] Build 3.2.3a on RedHat 7.2]

Peter Hübschen pehu at wiwi.uni-sb.de
Sat Feb 16 13:38:04 GMT 2002

Since I'm not sure, if my previous mail was sent correctly, here I'm
trying it again.

Peter

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: Re: [Samba] Build 3.2.3a on RedHat 7.2
Datum: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 17:17:56 +0100
Von: Peter Hübschen <pehu at wiwi.uni-sb.de>
An: Casper Pedersen <cp at c-note.dk>
CC: "samba at lists.samba.org" <samba at lists.samba.org>
Referenzen: <1013873966.1555.0.camel at ontheroad>

Hello,

I have a RH 72 machine and if I do a ./configure everthings work fine.
  If I understand the code of the configure-script right, then they write
a message into a file (I think it's config.log) which program fails.
Here is this part of the configure script:

if { (eval echo configure:10396: \"$ac_link\") 1>&5; (eval $ac_link)
2>&5; } && test -s conftest${ac_exeext} && (./conftest; exit) 2>/dev/null
then
   echo "$ac_t""yes" 1>&6
else
   echo "configure: failed program was:" >&5
   cat conftest.$ac_ext >&5
   rm -fr conftest*
   { echo "configure: error: cant find test code. Aborting config" 1>&2;
exit 1; }
fi

As you can see there is an echo which writes an error message in a file.
So maybe you can check this.
Maybe there are some header-files missing, which should be documented in
config.log.
To avoid these problems my RH 7.2 installation contains nearly all
packages, especially these for kernel-development (if you install RH you
have this option, when you do an userdefined install) and other
development things, even if I'm not going to develop something, cause my
knowledge auf C(++) is very poor.

Hope that helps a bit.

Peter