[Samba] XP home vs Samba 2.2.3a

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Thu Feb 14 23:58:04 GMT 2002

I have a fresh WinXP Home box here connected to a network consisting of
Win9x/ME boxes and FreeBSD 4.x machines running Samba.

The browse master is running Samba 2.2.3a and when I try and browse the
workgroup I get 'Genesis is not accessible. You might not have access to
this resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if
you have access permissions. The account is not authorized to login from
this station'.

The samba log for this machine is empty - no error messages :(

I can't even to a 'Map Network Drive' to a share on this machine either.
However I can for another machine running Samba 2.2.2!

Confusion reigns :-/

--
---
are so many of them to choose from."