[Samba] W2K termserver & MOSXS PDC?

Jon L.Gardner jon at food.tamu.edu
Thu Feb 14 12:29:18 GMT 2002

Is anyone else having problems with W2K terminal services and a Samba
PDC?

I'm running Samba 2.2.3a on Mac OS X Server 10.1.2, set up as a PDC per
the HOWTO instructions. I have a Windows 2000 Server running terminal
services and Citrix Metaframe, which I've joined to the domain. I have a
set of scripts that synchronize NetInfo passwords and smbpasswd
passwords. Everyone can logon, and the user profiles get created/updated
on the profiles share on the server...everything seems to be working
beautifully, but then at some point (generally after several users have
logged on) the W2K box loses track of the domain, nobody else can logon,
and it goes into an unresponsive mode at the console, to the point that
we ultimately have to hard-reset the box.

Right now I'm staring at a blank screen at the console...I made the
mistake of trying to restart it gracefully, and it's hung probably
trying to kill some process. I've noticed that when people logoff,
sometimes there are still active processes still running under their
name. Any clues?

<><
Jon L. Gardner '89, Computer Systems Manager <mailto:jon at food.tamu.edu>
Texas A&M University Dept. of Food Services <http://food.tamu.edu/>
Tel 979.458.1839 * Fax 979.845.2157 * Hip 979.229.4323
PGP public key available at <http://food.tamu.edu/pgp/jon.html>

"There is a long and honorable tradition of throwing eggs at
politicians." (Sir Malcolm Rifkind, the Conservative Party leader in
Scotland)