[Samba] Netbios name resolution with DHCP

Jim Watt wattjg at appliedbiosystems.com
Thu Feb 14 09:15:08 GMT 2002

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Buchan Milne wrote:

} Dynamic IP addresses only makes dns (usually not WINS) more complicated (you
} would probably want to  setup dynamic DNS with bind 9.x and dhcp 3.x - if you
} do, let me know how, I'm having trouble with this)

Have you looked in the DHCP server mailing list archives for solutions
to the dhcp/ddns problem you're having?

   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=dhcp-server

If you don't spot something useful/relevant,
send a note to the dhcp-server mailing list.  See
http://www.isc.org/services/public/lists/dhcp-lists.html for how to
subscribe.

Jim
Jim Watt                               wattjg at appliedbiosystems.com
Applied Biosystems                     Voice (desk): +1 408 577 2228
3833 North First Street                Fax:          +1 408 894 9307
San Jose CA 95134-1701                 Voice (main): +1 408 577 2200