[Samba] Codepage.1256

Anmar Oueja anmar at merlinsoftech.com
Thu Feb 14 09:14:11 GMT 2002

Hello:

I have found the CP1256.TXT file to compile unicode_map.1256 codepage for
Samba 2.2.1a. When I change the directive to "client code page = 1256"
Smbd complains that the codepage.1256 is not found. I tried making a copy of
the unicode page to a code page but smbd complains that it is the wrong page
size.

Do I have to create a code page called codepage.1256 from scratch or is
there a solution out there.

What are the unicode_map.xxx files for ?

I guess all I am asking is how can I get codepage.1256 (arabic support) to
work on Samba

Regards,

Anmar