[Samba] Strange Windows XP Problem

Steve Dispensa dispensa at positivenetworks.net
Wed Feb 13 08:48:53 GMT 2002

Only CurrentControlSet is active at a given time, and it's really just a
symbolic link to ("copy" of) one of the numbered controlsets.  The
others are old, known-good control sets, in case you have to boot into
"last known good", etc.  A control set has the system service/driver
database (CurrentControlSet\System) and most of the subsystem
configurations in it (CurrentControlSet\Control), as well as hardware
configurations (CurrentControlSet\Enum,etc).

Because only one is loaded at a time, you shouldn't have to touch any
others unless you plan on booting into a different control set.

 -sd

<www.inethouston.net>
dwcjr at freebsd.org	FreeBSD Committer <www.FreeBSD.org>