[Samba] Can a Unix box act as Samba server as well as a NIS server?

SHARADAMABA N nsharadamba at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 05:41:08 GMT 2002

Hello,

I need help -

1. What should be the configuration of nsswitch.conf
file when I want to make a Unix box both PDC (by
configuring Samba as PDC) as well a NIS server.

2. what should be the value of following parameters in
nsswitch.conf file?

   a)  passwd = nis files
       group   = nis files

     or

   b)  passwd = nis [NOTFOUND=return] files
       group    = nis [NOTFOUND=return] files

3. Can I have users/password in etc/passwd, smbpasswd
as well in yppasswd?

kindly reply.

Best Regards,

sharada