[Samba] SMB-server from Win2k -> Red Hat Linux 7.2 - Samba 2.2.1a seen in Network Neighbourhood but not browsable

Don Zajic donald.zajic at verizon.net
Wed Feb 13 02:32:16 GMT 2002

Diembo, I can't answer the first without seeing your smb.conf file, however
your second issue is the Samba Configuration menu option in KDE.  What this
is attempting to do is run SWAT on port 901 on your localhost (127.0.0.1).
To allow this, you need to be running a Web Server on your linux box and
have port 901 available in your /etc/services file with a line like this:

swat			901/tcp 		# Samba Web Administration Tool

Don Zajic