[Samba] Transferring encrypted jpegs creates hangers-on.

ard at waikato.ac.nz ard at waikato.ac.nz
Tue Feb 12 18:13:10 GMT 2002

I dozily wrote:

> For every encrypted jpeg that he transfers, three files appear on the
> server.

As I posted that a message came in from someone who actually does know
something about MS systems.  JPEGs will have multiple streams if they've
been viewed as thumbnails, and those streams aren't being reconstructed
on the way back from the server.  Encryption, as a sensible person would
expect, has nothing to do with it.

MacOS forks do the same thing.

So I guess I need to either:

- ignore the extra streams as they arrive {eeeew, wince}
- reconstruct them as they go out.

Where do I go from here?