[Samba] Problem with script logon

Robert Dahlem Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net
Mon Feb 11 23:28:02 GMT 2002

Cleiton,

On Fri,  8 Feb 2002 07:52:09 -0800 (PST), Cleiton L. Siqueira wrote:

>I've had a problem with my Samba Server. I've installed it in my
>FreeBSD 4.2 box. The script logon is running in the Windows 98, but
>it isn't mapping the drive. My script is test.bat and is written the
>following line into the script:

>NET USE F: \\SERVER\TEST

>When the script runs, it returns me that the share doesn't exist or
>is written wrong. Therefore, If I run the same command NET USE F:
>\\SERVER\TEST in a DOS prompt, it gets to map the drive.
>It's weird, because if it gets to map after logon why doesn't it get
>to map when the script logon is running?

It might be the Client Services are not fully up when the logon script
is running.

As a first attempt: Try inserting a PAUSE command before NET USE. Let
the script run into the PAUSE command, wait a minute, then hit ENTER.
If it works now, you know you will have to loop until services are
fully up.

Regards,
        Robert

Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net

Sent using PMMail (http://www.pmmail2000.com) - fast, decent, email
software; far better than Outlook. Try it sometime.