[Samba] incorrect password length (1305249416)

Ralph Ballier ballier at schule.de
Mon Feb 11 14:34:02 GMT 2002

Hello,

I have problems connecting notebooks over wireless LAN to Samba 2.2.3a. I
don't know, wether this is a problem about wireless LAN or a problem about
subnetting (or an other reason). I use Windows 2000 at the notebook (first
without service packs, then with service pack 2, but it
don't solve the problems).

Samba server is in net 192.168.20.0 and the notebooks are in net
192.168.123.0. The basic wireless station (Barricade) works as router
between the nets. Ping, telnet and internet browsing works fine from
notebooks to everywhere. But it is not possible to use Samba as PDC. I have
set "wins support = yes" in smb.conf and it is no problem to get in contact
with Samba from the notebooks. Then I got ther error message: "No login name
or password incorrect" at notebook.
If I look in log.smbd, I found the following error messages:

api_samr_set_userinfo: Unable to unmarshall SAMR_Q_SET_USERINFO
libsmb/smbencrypt.c: decode_pw_buffer(263)
decode_pw_buffer: incorrect password length (1305249416)

Finally I tell you it's no problem to use Samba as PDC from NT4.0SP6 in the
same net and without wireless.

Can you help me?

      Ralph