[Samba] ANNOUNCE: on-demand scanner for samba with kaspersky avp.
Ries van twisk
rvt at dds.nl
Sun Feb 10 05:44:02 GMT 2002
For our office I created a on-demand scanner for samba
with the well know kaspersky (www.kaspersky.ru) anti virus software.
The software will be part of the samba-vscan package
which can be found on www.openantivirus.org, currently
it's still standalone and not part of it. Software is freely
available and is licenced under GPL.
This is what it can do:
- Deny access to a file when a virus is found in that file (on open
- perform a action when a file is dropped into a samba share (on close
- start a script whenever a virus is found in a file
- send a winpop message to the client when a virus is found
- select what to scan something like the veto files option
found in samba
- Scan a file with a maximum file size so it won't scan your multi
megabyte outlook files, or set a 'kavp veto dont scan = /*.dbx/' option.
- Depending on the kavdaemon setting it can desinfect a file
- Depending on the kavdaemon setting change extention etc. etc. etc.
If you are interested you can check the
following url: http:\\www.rvt.dds.nl
You need the vscan-kavp package wich can be found at: www.rvt.dds.nl,
be re-directed to a other server.
And you need samba 2.2.2 however I'm currently testing samba 2.2.3 other
versions might also work.
If you have a binary distribution of samba make sure that it is compile
VFS on ./configure --with-vfs
Please note that this is still BETA software I didn't currupt any of my
but if you don't know what you are doing you should leave this untill is
My server still runs happy with this module!
If you have any questions, drop me a mail at samba at rvt.dds.nl
Have all fun!!!
BTW: I'm just a user of the kaspersky software, I'm not infolved in any
with the company kaspersky.
More information about the samba