[Samba] Re: Simultaneous file copying failing on Samba 2.2.2

Tim Allen timallen at ls82.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Feb 10 04:34:03 GMT 2002

Hi Samba developers

After some further discussions on the lists re this issue around the New
Year, Jeremy requested some logs which I sent direct in early January. I
sent follow-up emails a couple of times but didn't hear anything back.

I've just tried the same tests with 2.2.3a and the same problem appears to
be present. I still have the 2.2.2 log files if there're of any help.

Tim Allen

> On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 11:06:37AM -0000, Tim Allen wrote:
>
> > So it looks like there's a problem in Samba if multiple sessions from an
NT4
> > machine are interleaved with one from a W2000 machine, but the problem
> > disappears if the W2000 machine is replaced with NT4.
> >
> > I'm now pretty convinced this is a Samba bug. I also think it's the sort
of
> > problem that's not going to be very easy to replicate. Our setup here is
> > such that I can readily reproduce it, but I need some help from you
Samba