[Samba] Authorisation with SWAT?

Stuart Taylor sd.taylor at ntlworld.com
Sat Feb 9 11:03:03 GMT 2002

Please help,

What is the password that one uses to gain access to SWAT?
I type in user 'root' and my root password and all I keep getting is
"Authentication Failed" abort / retry? This is strange as I do know my root
password?
I have seen various questions on this theme but I haven't been able to sort
out an answer from them. I have down loaded Samba 2.2.2/2.2.3/2.2.3a and
configure with no options set but all give the same problem.  I can get in
with the "-a" switch but that's no good.
I am running Linux Mandrake 8.0

Many thanks

Stuart