[Samba] May be a bug (don't think it is)

Charles Lee Charles.Lee at exeter.ac.uk
Fri Feb 8 18:57:03 GMT 2002

>Message: 16
>From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Otto_Dom=EDnguez?= <ottod at hotmail.com>
>To: <samba at samba.org>
>Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 13:47:32 -0600
>Subject: [Samba] May be a bug
>
>--- Edited to remove MIME information here: Charlie
>
>I cannot compile the just released 2.2.3a source under Mandrake Linux =
>7.2. It reports an error about "no locking available" and aborts make. I =
>have done this with previous versions with no problem. It did not run =
>with rpm package either. Finding references to this message on the web =
>or the newsgroups just lead me to pages or posts about that happening =
>under HPUX but no hints about solution.
>
>--- Edited to remove MIME stuff here: Charlie

I've just compiled it on Mandrake 7.2 and it works fine for me. Here are a few
of the versions of stuff on my system that may help. Perhaps you need to
upgrade one of these? Just a thought.

There are probably other librarys and stuff needed to. Anyone have a list and
the versions required to compile 2.2.3a?

gcc-2.95.2-12mdk
glibc-2.1.3-18.3mdk
glibc-devel-2.1.3-16mdk
make-3.79.1-5mdk
kernel-source-2.2.17-21mdk (using custom kernel compiled from these sources)
kernel-headers-2.2.17-21mdk

Good luck,
Charlie