[Samba] Home share mapping

Gary Algier gaa at ulticom.com
Fri Feb 8 12:52:10 GMT 2002

I'm sorry I don't have a fix for you.  I reported this a few months
back, but nobody has been able to help.  In my case I was using it as in
     include = somefile.%U
Where I had several shares that I only wanted to be visible to people
if they could access them.  Unfortunately these became "somefile.nobody".
So, I created a file "somefile.nobody" that consisted of:
     include = somefile.user1
     include = somefile.user2
etc.  The Win2k people just get stuck looking at hundreds of shares.  This gets
them confused, but...  It could be worse, I could be using a Windoze server.

As to your problem, I guess you will need to either reorganize your
files, or perhaps create a directory named "/home/users/-1" that contains
lots of symlinks into the various username dirs.  Something like:
     mkdir /home/users/-1
     cd /home/users/-1

--
Gary Algier, WB2FWZ           gaa@@ulticom.com              +1 856 787 2758
Ulticom Inc., 1020 Briggs Rd, Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054      Fax:+1 856 866 2033

        A self-addressed envelope would be addressed "envelope."