[Samba] 2.2.3a swat and MD5 passwords without pam still ng

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Thu Feb 7 07:43:15 GMT 2002

Subject says it: as with all previous 2.2 versions, I configured
samba-2.2.3a --without-pam, and swat can't deal with MD5 password
hashes; authentication fails.  Substituting an old crypt hash in
/etc/shadow is a workaround.  Our setup has 3 Samba servers, one of
which runs linux-2.2 / glibc-2.2.2; the others run linux-2.4 /
glibc-2.2.3.  All three have shadow-4.0.1 but this was the same under
the version of shadow shipped with Slackware 8 (which, with many
upgrades, is the distro we use).

--
| G r e g  L o u i s          | gpg public key:      |
|   http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   finger greg at bgl.nu |

Header information for this message: