[Samba] 2 GB Limit

Hartmut Steffin hsteffin at pecos.de
Thu Feb 7 00:16:05 GMT 2002

Trond Eivind Glomsrød wrote:
> It's not correct. The filesystem ext2 haven't limited files in such a
> way, but the kernel/glibc infrastructure didn't support big
> files. This was changed 2 years ago or so...

obviously true. as i wrote in my first posting already, i HAVE files of
2GB+ on both sides (ntfs, ext2) but could not tranfers them through
samba.
file size limit seems to be 4GB.

Joseph, fileSYSTEM size can/should be considered unlimited (for
practical reasons) on modern OSs and usual already is. i don't know
exact numbers, but if you use prefixes east of tera... then you shouldnt
bother (at least nowadays. knowbody knows what multimedia types come
next.) this applies to both modern UNIXes and M$.

thanks for your help, both of you.

Hartmut