[Samba] need help running samba and NFS on the same machine

shiam at bhphotovideo.com shiam at bhphotovideo.com
Tue Feb 5 15:35:48 GMT 2002

Hi guys

Can any one help please?

I configured samba version 2.2.1 on a PC running
Solaris8 x86 (intel platform) and had a few
clients read and write to samba for over a month
with no issues what so ever (thanks to all the
great developers & the great documentation,
thank you all!).
Now when I was trying to NFS mount a client to
the machine running samba after a few hours the
samba/NFS server stops responding to all samba
or NFS requests,
I tried running ifconfig –a but it did not
return any status if I shut down smbd then I get
a response on my ifconfig command and NFS works
fine and vice versa, so is there any known
conflict between samba and NFS?
We run samba and NFS on more then one sparc with
no problem is it platform or version related?
I tried to search the archive for prior postings
on similar problems with no luck, please forgive
me if I did not try hard enough.

Any input would be of great help.

Thanks

Shia Meisels