[Samba] Re: Samba 2.2.3 Oplock problem...

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Mon Feb 4 20:03:14 GMT 2002

On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 03:51:45PM -0500, Charles Marcus wrote:
> To the Samba developers...
>
> Any chance of getting a 2.2.3a release to fix this problem?  This is enough
> to keep me from migrating...
>
> Thanks again for everything, but I would really like to toss the last of the
> Win2K servers!

Most oplock problems are due to bad network setups (client drivers,
hubs etc). I haven't seen any evidence other than one person
having oplock problems (which is not unusual given the state
of many networks) that this is anything other than the usual
network related oplock woes. Several large sites have been
running the 2.2.3 CVS code in production for many weeks now
and have reported it fixing large scalability problems they
were having. Try it and see.

Jeremy.