[Samba] Re: Samba 2.2.3 Oplock problem...

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Tue Feb 5 12:35:00 GMT 2002

>>>>> "Jeremy" == Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org> writes:

Jeremy> Most oplock problems are due to bad network setups (client
Jeremy> drivers, hubs etc). I haven't seen any evidence other than one
Jeremy> person having oplock problems (which is not unusual given the
Jeremy> state of many networks) that this is anything other than the
Jeremy> usual network related oplock woes.

Can you elaborate on this?  As I understand it, the oplock break
messages are getting lost, but aren't they sent over the TCP socket?
Won't the regular TCP reliability guarantees ensure it gets resent if
not ACK'd?  How can network problems interfere?

--
Russell Senior         ``The two chiefs turned to each other.
seniorr at aracnet.com      Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible