[Samba] smbpasswd problems (2.2.2 and 2.2.3) - can't change p assword?

John Owens jowens at Graphics.Stanford.EDU
Mon Feb 4 16:19:03 GMT 2002

Don,

Thanks for the feedback. I have no bind only interfaces or hosts deny,
but I did have hosts allow and added 127.0.0.1 to it and restarted the
daemon. However, this didn't help. I received a very similar looking
debug trace when I tried it.

(I'm not even sure if bin/smbpasswd uses smb.conf, to be honest.)

I appreciate your suggestion -- thanks -- sorry it didn't solve the
problem. Other ideas?

JDO

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) writes:
    Hi John,
    Do you by any chance have hosts allow or hosts deny lines in your
    smb.conf; or interfaces = and bind only interfaces?
    This can happen if you don't include the 127.0.0.1 ip in your hosts allow
    or in the interfaces line if you have bind only interfaces...
    Don