[Samba] error message in smbd.log file: bind failed on port 139 socket_addr = 0.0.0.0.

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Mon Dec 30 12:24:00 GMT 2002

Well, this may not be a problem. xinetd can start samba for you, although I
think it is better if you run it as a stand alone daemon.

I don't use xinetd, but, I think you have to go to:
/etc/inetd.d/
In there you should find a file for samba. Edit the file and make disable = yes.

Joel