[Samba] WINBINDD set up problem - chgrp fails

Sytsma, Richard RSytsma at hy-vee.com
Fri Dec 27 17:59:00 GMT 2002

I am setting up a RH 8 LINUX machine in my WIN2k corporate network and am having a problem
changing the group of the shared directory.
I am new to this and so using the instructions in "SAM Teach Yourself SAMBA".

I will tell you what works first.
The machine has joined the DOMAIN and can enumerate the users and groups with the
 "getent passwd" and "getent group" commands.
When I redirect the output of those commands I see the groups and associated users.
When I redirect the output of the wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g commands to files I see the 9,500
 user and 32,700 groups including the two groups "DP" and "AUDIT".