[Samba] PDC conversion, XP, and printing

Viraj Alankar valankar at bigfoot.com
Sun Dec 22 23:18:00 GMT 2002

Hello,

I came across the PDC conversion docs listed here:

http://www.longfamilyusa.net/samba/pdc-conversion.html

I have a couple of questions that maybe someone here can answer:

1. If I have Windows XP Pro clients as part of the domain, will taking over
the domain without applying the SignOrSeal patch or any changes to the
workstations work?

2. I have printers setup on my Win2K PDC right now and I would like to keep
printer spooling on this machine. Is there any problem with me making that PDC
a member of the Samba domain instead of a controller? I read that I do not
really have the change the SID on this machine.

Thanks for any help.

Viraj.