[Samba] (no subject)

dpm8 dpm8 at humboldt.edu
Fri Dec 20 20:00:01 GMT 2002

samba at lists.samba.org.

Subject: Samba Server with PC Clients

Hey there,

I'm running the newest samba server with OS 10.2. So i'm hosting samba on my
Mac and i'm trying to share with a bunch of windows clients.  I can share
files OK with them.  We can trade and all that good stuff, but i cannot seem
to set the permissions so that Station1 cannot Delete Station2's files and
vice versa.  I have changed the file permissions in my os and i figured since
those clients login to the server with the same User Name and Password as
their Mac User account, then the permissions would follow through.  But it
doesn't.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks-
Danny