[Samba] How important are oplocks?

Marian Mlcoch, Ing mm at tsmp.sk
Fri Dec 20 06:34:58 GMT 2002

Yes yuo have right with idea that if hardware is bad then oplocks is bad but
my idea is that dbase aplications and engines must known about quality of
network hardware, client and status and must have system to repair or
disable oplocks if is bad ! Nothing another only dbase engine must realise
this operation. If not then this engine is bad and not for network use.

Then must exist list of this engines with realy dangerous level...

Secondary is that yuo write as more aplication open only one user ??? This
is .... then why i need file server?
File servers is created primary for use with database aplications!
Yes sql is best but how many users of samba or NT uses realy network sql
apli?

Thats all folks.