[Samba] How important are oplocks?

Jim Morris jim at morris-world.com
Thu Dec 19 15:47:02 GMT 2002

On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 08:20, Jean-Paul ARGUDO wrote:

> I read this option in smb docs. Looks great. But in my case, since I
> have users yet only working on M$ Office standard, to put a veto for
> oplocks on .doc and .xls files equals disable oplocks :-))

I understand.

> Other question: is "veto oplock files" really case sensitive?
> Couldn't you put some regexp here? SMB dev=> Is this supported?

Case sensitivity depends on how you have the 'case sensitive' option of
Samba configured....   the default is NO. I have both cases, but maybe
it is not necessary. And no - the option does not use regexp style
expressions - just ? and * wildcard characters.....  Look at 'veto
files' for the rules on these expressions....

--