[Samba] samba and ipchains

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Wed Dec 18 23:57:01 GMT 2002

The general way of running down this sort of problem is to enable logging in
you  firewall rules and then watch what happens.

You would have a better idea of what is going on by printing out your
firewall ipchains rules with ipchains-save. You can easily edit them with a
wordprocessor. Add -l at the end of the rules to log the rule activity, like
so:

-A input -s 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 -d 67.34.39.58/255.255.255.255 80:80 -i eth1 -p 6 -j DENY -l
(67.34.39.58 is my server)

You can then ipchains -F;cat fileofipchains | ipchain-restore to reload
your rules.

Joel