[Samba] How important are oplocks?

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Wed Dec 18 12:21:02 GMT 2002

oplocks are great when they work. So, they can be left on. But, some
times that can result in corrupted files back on the server if the client
machine and the server lose contact with each other. Experiment and see.
oplocks can be enabled on a per share basis, I believe. A lot may depend on
the quality of your network.

Joel