[Samba] Still Problems with Samba and Sco OpenServer 5

Adrian Stokes adrian_stokes at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Dec 17 17:37:01 GMT 2002

Hi All,
            Am I in the right group for samba problems?
            I only ask as I have received no replies not even "Post to the right Group" type of reply.

            Further to my original mail, I have now copied the ip addresses of all my machines and placed them in the /etc/hosts file.

            the command server% nmblookup -B xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx '*'  now comes back with the correct responses, but I still think the problem is to do with
            the nmbd Daemon.  How would I go about re-installing this?
            There is no point me re installing samba as It was installed from a tape, so re installation will put me back where I started from.
            I have got a little further, I can see the server from a win98 machine but cant access as it all ways tells me the password is incorrect.

            Any help in this would be greatly appreciated even if its to point me to the correct group if this isn't.

Merry Xmas

Adrian