[Samba] Re: Access Samba Servers from the Internet?

Marian Mlcoch, Ing mm at tsmp.sk
Fri Dec 13 08:38:01 GMT 2002

Hi
parameter hosts allow is only for blocking bad users nothing configure...
nmbd can be master browser only on network that is on your network machine
eth.
If you have only one network adapter eth0 configured then MASTER is only on
ip network of this.
In secondary network 192.168.1 is master browser auto detected and set one
or more comps on this segment.
If your machine have two adapters then your nmbd is master on all but in log
this can be writen at next time becose on segments is setup automatic
browser election repeatly and then writes info about election to log.

Bye.