[Samba] Re: Access Samba Servers from the Internet?

Jean-Paul ARGUDO jean.paul.argudo at pack-solutions.com
Fri Dec 13 09:16:01 GMT 2002

> nmbd can be master browser only on network that is on your network machine
> eth.

Thanks for your answer.

If I understand you well, MASTER is only PDC for 192.168.0 because of
eth0 configuration. Here is it:

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
         address 192.168.0.1
         netmask 255.255.255.0
         network 192.168.0.0
         broadcast 192.168.0.255
         gateway 192.168.0.253

Given this, the solution is to change the netmask? Then, MASTER would
listen in network 192.168. instead of 192.168.0 only.

Am I right?

How to achieve my PDC to become unique PDC in my LAN composed of
192.168.0, 192.168.1 and may be tommorrow 192.168.2 .. ??

Given the fact I'm DBA, not an Admin sys specialized in TCP/IP, you
understand my weakness here :-)

Thanks again.

--
Jean-Paul ARGUDO