[Samba] Uninstall Samba?

Michael Noble mnoble at rfmagic.com
Wed Dec 11 03:25:01 GMT 2002

To uninstall samba on MDK9.0, do the following:

Click on Start Application
Click on the Configuration option
Mandrake Control Center
	login with root passwd
Software Management
Remove Software
In the find window, enter samba
It will then list all the samba packages installed.
Put a check/select all the samba options
Click the Remove button.

You have just removed all the packages for samba.

Mike

On Tue, 2002-12-10 at 18:48, Long-Sheng Kuo wrote:
> Hello,
>    I am wondering if anyone could help me out with the following questions:
>
> 1. How to uninstall Samba?
> 2. How to install/upgrade/uninstall Samba from Mandrake 9.0 to the latest
> Samba version via source code (I noticed that MDK9 installed Samba to
> different places. And the document:"Using Samba" mentioned the file
> "inetd.conf" but I couldn't find it in MDK9.)
>
>    Thanks.
>
> Long-Sheng   Dec. 11, 02
>

> --
Michael G. Noble                          RF Magic, Inc.
Senior System Administrator               10182 Telesis Ct., 4th Floor
                                          San Diego, CA.   92121
mailto:mnoble at rfmagic.com                 voice: (858) 546-2401 x207
                                          fax:   (858) 546-2402
--