[Samba] trying to share a directory using anonymous access...

Kyle dr.white at verizon.net
Tue Dec 10 20:32:01 GMT 2002

Hello,

i am running redhat linux 8, samba 2.2.7. i am trying to share my samba
share of music files over a school network. i want everyone to access
it.  this is what my smb.conf file looks like:

[global]
	netbios name = Kyle
	workgroup = WORKGROUP
	comment = Samba server
	security = share
	guest ok = no
	log file = /var/log/samba.log
	log level = 4
[Music]
	public = no
	guest ok = yes
	browseable = yes
	read only = yes
	writeable = no
	path = /home/drwhite/Music
	comment = Music

When i ask some to try to access my machine, they got an error message
"Network path not found" everyone uses Windows XP and 9X machines. i use
to be able to get xp and px users to see a password prompt.

i checked my samba log file and it shows all the open/closed attempted
connections. underr service file section it says "IPC$"

What is that? my goal is trying to share anonymously.

thank you