[Samba] (no subject)

graemew at excoeng.com graemew at excoeng.com
Tue Dec 10 20:51:00 GMT 2002

I have Samba v2.2.7 on Solaris 8.  I have uploaded all the needed print
drivers and setup several printers using administrator.  I edited the
'device settings', under printer/properties, to adjust memory and paper
trays etc.

When I login as a regular user on W2k client, the settings are
underintensified and I don't see the changes made earlier, only the default
settings.  If I add the user to the 'Print Admin' list I can view the
modified settings.  I would have thought a regular user would be able to
see the modified settings but not be able to change them.  Is this the
correct behavior?

Here is my smb.conf.

[global]
        workgroup = EXCOENG
        netbios name = MARS
        netbios aliases = PHOBOS
        security = DOMAIN
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        password server = trident, rodeo
        log level = 1
        log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
        max log size = 500
        name resolve order = host wins bcast
        deadtime = 15
        lpq cache time = 30
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
        lock dir = /var/samba/locks
        pid directory = /var/samba/locks
        invalid users = root daemon bin sys adm lp smtp uucp nuucp listen
nobody noaccess nobody4
        write list = administrator
        printer admin = administrator, @staff
        print command = echo Printing %s at %p >> /tmp/print.log;
/usr/ucb/lpr -P %p %s; rm %s

[homes]
        comment = $HOME directory
        path = /data1/%H/p_drive