[Samba] Help with PDC on samba

Robin Braun Robin.Braun at uts.edu.au
Sat Aug 31 05:02:01 GMT 2002

Help please

I am running Samba 2.2.3a on Mandrake 8.2. My configuration file is below. I
am trying to use XP as a client. It seems to find the domain, but it keeps
giving me the dreaded "Multiple connections ... " message. I have tried
running the "c:\net use * /d" command without success.

Many thanks

Rob

;*******************section global*****************
[global]
workgroup = BRAUNCONS
netbios name = braun
server string = Samba PDC running %v
socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192
domain admin group = root @wheel
OS level = 64
preferred master = yes
local master = yes
domain master = yes
security = user
encrypt passwords = yes
debuglevel = 4
domain logons = yes
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
log level = 4
max log size = 50
hosts allow = 127.0.0.1 192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0
logon home = \\%L\%U\.profile
logon drive = H:
logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U
unix password sync = yes
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd
passwd chat = *New*UNIX*password* %n\n *Retype*new*UNIX*password* %n\n
logon script = netlogin.bat
;*******************section homes*****************
[homes]
comment = Home directories
browseable = no
writeable = yes
;*******************section profiles*****************
[profiles]
path = /home/samba/profiles
writeable = yes
browseable = no
create mask = 0600
directory mask = 0700
;*******************section netlogon*****************
[netlogon]
path = /home/netlogon
read only = yes
write list = @admins
;*******************section printers*****************
[printers]
comment = All printers
path = /var/spool/samba
browsable = no
guest ok = yes
writeable = no
printable = yes
create mode = 0700
print command = lpr-cups -P %p -o raw %s -r

UTS CRICOS Provider Code:  00099F

DISCLAIMER
This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain
read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.
immediately and delete this message. Any views expressed in this message
are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly,
and with authority, states them to be the views the University of
Technology Sydney. Before opening any attachments, please check them for
viruses and defects.