RV: [Samba] win/linux connect problem

Carlos Barros Cbarros at Graffiti.Com.Ve
Wed Aug 28 10:16:01 GMT 2002

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Redes y Telecomunicaciones [mailto:graf10 at telcel.net.ve] En nombre
de Carlos Barros
Enviado el: Miércoles 28 de Agosto de 2002 07:15 AM
Para: 'm.'
Cc: 'samba-admin at lists.samba.org'
Asunto: RE: [Samba] win/linux connect problem

i think you have to ensure if your nmbd is running, you can do this with:

ps -aux

and you have to see some line with

nmbd -D

after this (if it is running), you have to change

os level = 20

or some lower value , if you network already have a WINS or Master browser..

i think you have to set your "Workgroup" Parameter to the same name of your
W2k Workgroup or domain..

try this..  and i don´t think you have to remove "logon path", or "map to
guest" parameters; it looks good for me..

i hope this help you..  and if not,,  still around, this problem have a
solution

- Carlos Barros -