[Samba] problems writing to profile share when updating from samba 2.2.3a to 2.2.5

Christian Storm christian at eye-of-the-storm.de
Wed Aug 28 08:57:00 GMT 2002

Am Mittwoch, 28. August 2002 18:55 schrieb Ivan Dimitrov:
Hi Ivan,

Unfortunately this does not solve my ( our ) problem;

here is the part of the smb.conf

[profiles]
        comment = Benutzerprofile
        path = /windows/profiles
        read only = No
        create mask = 0775
        force create mode = 0775
        directory mask = 0775
        force directory mode = 0775
        browseable = Yes

I've put the two "force.." - lines after the first (second, or 200987 ) test,
but Windows tells me again that the file is open by another process;
Maybe the file to sync is open on windows not on the samba-share??

Another funny effect is that w2k does not hang at the same file.
Sometimes it can write the file, then another file causes the same problem.
This behaviour is not replicable ( sometimes a file causes the problem 1 time;
sometimes 20 times ... )

in the log occures ( debug level 3 ) the NT_STATUS_SHARING_VIOLATION

Chris ;-)