[Samba] w2k and samba, printer properties hourglasses forver after driver upload + OK

daniel.jarboe at custserv.com daniel.jarboe at custserv.com
Wed Aug 28 04:04:01 GMT 2002

Any idea if uploading/downloading of print drivers from disk (not
generic windows print drivers) from w2k will be fixed with samba 3.0
release?  The print drivers worked with uploading from w2k box to NT
print-server, but not w2k box to samba 2.2.5-1 rpm with patches.  The
drivers upload successfully, but test print fails, etc.  Maybe it had
something to do with no Microsoft digital signiature in the .inf file?
 But it worked fine for uploading to w2k print server.  No Microsoft
drivers available for this printer.  A different printer without
Microsoft drivers had the signiature and uploaded fine, but print was
wingdingish and often crashed print spooler and explorer.  Again, worked
fine on w2k print server.  Does anyone have any luck with uploading
print drivers from disk from w2k?  Has anyone encountered problems
without the microsoft digital signiature in the .inf file?

Thanks,
~ Daniel