[Samba] Sync Unix passwords when not PDC

Pablo Alcaraz pabloa at laotraesquina.com.ar
Sun Aug 25 10:09:01 GMT 2002

Set security = domain  (read the documentation about it).

Before you need to create the windows accounts. You have 2 choices:

- Do it yourself: Create 1 linux account for each windows account. Set
the password to something (it is not matter because this password is
never used by samba).

- Let to winbind create the accounts for you.

Each methods has good and bad things.

Pablo