[Samba] Sharing a CD-RW

Buchan Milne bgmilne at cae.co.za
Wed Aug 21 02:11:01 GMT 2002

Deepak Chawla wrote:
> Hey Buchan,
> I tried the IMHO solution and it worked great. I can burn CD's off of my
> desktop from my laptop.. and so can my friends.. :) You should try it
> yourself..

I have used it for 2 years, you will see my name in the manual (did
updated screen shots). I am the one who suggested it!

> Just one problem though, it ejects the CD-RW for you to place a blank CD in,
> I find it of a little inconvenience.. so I can't burn a CD (even if there's
> a blank one inside) from say my office, or my friend's place. Minor
> problem.. and I think I can treak around the code a little to make it
> configurable.

Well, for you, you can probably ssh in and do 'eject -t' on the device.
I can't remember if this was configurable though,

(It seems it is, see this option:
# ejectOnReservation on|off
#
#       To avoid writing to the CD of the wrong user
#       make sure the CDs are inserted after reservation.
#
ejectOnReservation=on
)

If not, mail the author and suggest it. He has added features in the
past (the default_files parameter was added for me).

Buchan