[Samba] SAMBA server not showing up in the APW

christoph.beyer at desy.de christoph.beyer at desy.de
Fri Aug 16 23:58:01 GMT 2002

Hi Jerry et al,

just tried the new 2.2.5 release works fine for me, I like the renewed
garbage collection (deadtime) it keeps my servers from running out of
memory :-)

Though I wonder why the SAMBA server still does not show up in the
add printer wizard on the NT clients :-(

I would like to use SAMBA as a complete replacement for a NT print server
with ~3.000 clients but my user drive me nuts with "I can't see the
printers in the apw, is there a problem" phone calls. I'm really curious
what I could do to help you solving this because it is really the last
problem I see right now for my NT 4 clients. I found the following related
article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q161734&

best regards
	~christoph

--
/*   Christoph Beyer     |   Office: Building 2b / 23     *\
 *   DESY                |    Phone: 040-8998-2317        *