[Samba] Connecting Linux Desktop to NT network

Kurt Pritz kurtp at cgasinc.com
Thu Aug 15 10:28:01 GMT 2002

I am new to the Linux world and am trying to set up my desktop Linux PC
to be able to connect to our corporate NT 4.0 network for file and print
sharing purposes.
I have been able to connect to our Exchange server for email and our
proxy server for Web browsing, but need the file & print sharing to
complete the puzzle.  I can ping our NT servers by IP address, but not by
server name.
Is anyone aware of a good reference guide on how to do this?
Thanks,
Kurt Pritz
CGAS Exploration, Inc.
kurtp at cgasinc.com